- Viewing of the property you are interested in. This can be done in person or if you prefer you can have a virtual viewing by clicking on the icon on the advert.
- Once you have decided you would like to rent your new home from Francis Louis, contact our Letting Team to confirm it is available for you to rent.
- Pay the holding deposit (details on our website) and complete the application form , send in ID and other documents required to complete the referencing and right to rent checks.
- Francis Louis will send an agreement to lease document to you confirming receipt of the holding deposit.
- Once referencing and checks are completed a tenancy agreement will be sent for you to read and review.
- Arrange with our lettings team and date and time to sign the tenancy agreement
- Agree with our lettings team a move in date.
- Francis Louis representative will be busy preparing your new home ready for the start of the tenancy.
- Pay the balance of your first months rent and the security deposit ensuring we at Francis Louis are in receipt of it ready for the start of tenancy.
- Meet our Francis Louis Representative at the property at the agreed date and time.
- Our representative and yourself will finalise the Inventory and Schedule of Condition together and record all the utility readings.
- Our move in pack will be given to you which will include all legally required documentation along with other useful information relating to the property.
- Lastly we will the hand the keys to you and leave you to a quiet enjoyment of your new home.
Francis Louis has Client Money Protection and is a member of Money Shield giving our clients the assurance their monies are safe.
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Francis Louis 'the Agent')
Holding Deposit: 1 week's rent
Deposit: 5 weeks' rent
The holding deposit, the equivalent of one weeks rent, will be allocated to the first months rent once satisfactory references have been received. The holding deposit is non refundable, if a tenant withdraws their application once referencing has commenced or, if misleading information is provided or information is withheld on the application form.
* Referencing charges do not apply to tenants of assured shorthold tenancies, student accommodation, or licences but may apply for other types of tenancy ie company lets and contractual tenancies.